This workbook is designed equip students at the grades 6 level with the skills needed for the PEP Ability Test. This workbook focuses on reasoning and critical thinking, likewise the test itself. The types of questions and how they are constructed, will assist in developing students reasoning, critical thinking, analytical and decision making skills. Author: Caneisha Samuels-Myles Publisher: Think Labs
The workbook will:
- provide opportunities for students to sharpen their critical thinking skills by exposing them to all levels of Webb’s Depth of Knowledge (DOK).
- enhance students’ research and writing skills.
- expose students to the language used in the National Standards Curriculum.
- provide collaborative learning.
- provide real-world literacy and numeracy activities.
for the Primary Exit Profile (PEP) Examination Strategic and Extended Thinking "Just Think" is a series of workbooks of choice for success in the Primary Exit Profile examination. Students, teachers and parents will appreciate the age appropriate exercises in:
- Critical Thinking
- Problem-solving and
- Written Communication.
Fully aligned with the Grade 6 Science National Standards Curriculum, each chapter is arranged by calendar terms with all the different question types included. Answers are included, and students are asked to take the CHEETAH™ Honour System Pledge before they tackle the questions. Authors: Ornella Bell, Nadine Brown Publisher: CHEETAH PuRRRRRR Publishing.
NSC Based Performance Task For Grade 5 This practice book is created with the aim of giving students valuable and precise practice in science concepts as outlined in the National Standards Curriculum (NSC). The questions are designed base on the scope and sequence of the Grade 5 curriculum and focuses on:
- Asking questions or defining problems
- Developing and using models
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Construction explanations or designing solutions
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
NSC Based Performance Tasks For Grades 4, 5 & 6 This Language Arts workbook is aimed at giving the students valuable practice in an effort to develop the key skills necessary for becoming competent in the external PEP examination. It covers the integrated topics ranging from Social Studies and Science and focuses on giving students the opportunity to:
- Read for a range of transactional purposes
- Write for various audiences
- Interpret and analyse data from various sources
- Engage in critical thinking and writing
- Differentiate between meanings of words
- Identify the main topic or main points
- Identify authors' purpose for writing