This course provides:
- total coverage of Unit 1 of the CAPE Biology syllabus
- worked examples to help students develop their problem solving skills
- a clear indication of the chapter content at the beginning of each chapter
- a summary of key ideas at the end of chapter
- end-of-chapter questions in a range of formats, including multiple choice, structured and essay questions, to test understanding
- a glossary of biological terms.
Fulfill the requirements of the CSEC Biology syllabus with detailed, comprehensive content.
- Stimulate thought and discussion with chapter openers.
- Prepare and practice for exams with the end-of-chapter questions.
- Place Biology within the context of everyday Caribbean experiences with examples.
Newly revised in line with the latest syllabus and with a modernized, student-friendly design, including a truly interactive CD which provides additional practice for students and brings lab work to life with exciting activities and simulations. Authors: Karen Morrison, Peta-Gay Kirby, and Lucy Madhosingh Publisher: Nelson Thornes
Inside this Study Guide is an interactive CD, which includes electronic activities to assist you in developing good examination techniques. Publisher: Nelson Thornes Caribbean
This lab manual is intended to introduce the student to the CXC CSEC Biology School Based Assessment. Author: C. Churaman Publisher: C.E.P
Macmillan Revision Guides for CSEC Examinations Format : Softcover ISBN : 9780333953082 Author : June Mitchelmore Publisher: Macmillan Caribbean
In addition to recapping essential topics fro the CXC Human and Social Biology syllabus in a concise and approachable style, this guide:
- provides practical Revision Tips to help students find the best approach for them
- helps to identify key topics and measure confidence levels throughout the revision period
- contains a wealth of in-test questions and practice exam-style papers with answers provided online to allow self-assessment
- Developed and written specifically for Jamaica
- Science in practice projects in many of the Units provide opportunities to carry out Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) activities
- End-of-unit questions to check the students have understood the ideas in each Unit
- Check your understanding sections at the end of each topic to allow teachers and students to assess their progress
- Questions and activities on all aspects of the Biology Syllabus
- Clear diagrams, charts and graphs for data analysis activities
- Clear mark allocations to indicate the value of each questions part