- Complete coverage of Units 1 and 2 in a single volume, while giving the students the opportunity to make links between content at both levels.
- Both Caribbean and international studies are used to illustrate key research undertaken for each topic.
- Exclusive online content is delivered in an engaging and interactive way to enable accessible revision of topics and to bring variety to learning with videos and quizzes.
Pure Mathematics A Complete Course for CAPE Unit is a text written to cover all the Specific Objectives and Content of the CXC CAPE Pure Mathematics syllabus (revised 2012) which will become effective for examination at the Advance Proficiency Level from May-June 2013. Author: Raymond Toolsie Publisher: C.E.P
With the aid of this book, readers will be able to:
- recognise, manipulate, and master the rhetorical genres
- develop understanding skills that will provide a lifelong aptitude to think creatively
- understand and appreciate language usage in a cultural setting, particularly within the Caribbean context
- speak and write with expertise and confidence
This course provides:
- total coverage of Unit 1 of the CAPE Biology syllabus
- worked examples to help students develop their problem solving skills
- a clear indication of the chapter content at the beginning of each chapter
- a summary of key ideas at the end of chapter
- end-of-chapter questions in a range of formats, including multiple choice, structured and essay questions, to test understanding
- a glossary of biological terms.
The book features:
- An engaging colour layout highlighting key information
- Clear and comprehensive coverage of each module of the syllabus
- Guidance on techniques for Papers 1 and 2 and the school-based assessment
- Clear, succinct explanations of core concepts
- Multiple choice questions for practice with answer at the back of the book
- Practical advice and guidance to help students do well in the exam
- Example essay questions with useful commentary
Writing in English features an extensive section on the various modes of discourse as well as on the process of writing. Features:
- Essay Questions
- Discussion Questions
- Reference Units
- Peer Review Activities
- Self-Check Support
- Group Work
- Sample Answers
- Grammar Points